Rules & Regulations
- University Student/ Staff/Faculty card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- In case of lost University Student/ Staff/Faculty card, please immediately report to the circulation staff so that your membership can be temporarily blocked to prevent misuse of card.
- Make sure you provide correct information while filling your library membership form.
- Leave your personal belongings outside the library.
- Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library.
- Keep your mobiles switched-off within the library premises.
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff or in any other section of the library.
- After reading, leave books on the table or on the book trolley. Please do not shelve the books.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book as library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for any damage.
- Ask for help from library staff if you are unable to find your required material.
- While returning library books or other materials at the circulation desk, please ensure that the circulation staff has received the book(s).
Membership is provided to:
- Faculty (including visiting faculty)
- Administrative Staff/University employees
Library Membership Form:
Library Membership Form can be downloaded from here:
Loan Privilege for Books
Following categories of members shall observe the loan schedule mentioned against each:
|a.||Teaching faculty members||5 books for 30 days|
|b.||All others||3 books for 14 days|
Terms of Loan
Information material of the following nature shall not be issued but consulted in the library:
- Works marked as REFERENCE/RESERVED such as Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Atlases etc.
- Current issues of periodicals and newspapers.
- Unprocessed/under process material like thesis, student’s project/ research reports and pamphlets.
- Non-printed material other than received as allied material.
- Works other than mentioned above may be issued on recommendation of Dean/HoDs in temporarily loan category (i.e, for 4-5 hours).
- Loaned resources can be renewed for further fifteen days provided no other user had reserved it.
- Overdue material will not be re-issued.
- If borrowed material is urgently required in the library, it would be called back.
- Librarian may withhold/ restrict circulation of any material.
- Currently, Books cannot be re-issued on telephone/ by email.
Books and other library resources borrowed from NUTECH Library must be returned within the due date mentioned on ‘Due Date Slip’. Items not returned within due date will be fined as follows:
- Regular loan – Rs 20 per day.
- If a fine exceeds Rs 1000, membership may be curtailed until the payment of the fine. The Competent Authority has the discretion to waive off any portion of the fine.
- If borrowed material is damaged or lost, the borrower will be required to deposit either exact replacement or fine which may be up to three times the actual cost of the material.
- In case the damaged / lost item or book is a part of the set, the borrower will have to make payment for the whole set.
Group Study Rooms
Students can use Study Rooms for group study and academic discussions with prior reservation as under:
- A group must be composed of four to eight NUTECH members.
- The group representative who would be responsible for conduct of the group, must arrive at the reception at least 5 minutes before the booked time along with his/her NUTECH ID card, library staff will unlock the room for the group.
- If a group does not show up within 15 minutes of the reserved time, reservation will be cancelled and room will be allotted to the next group in line.
- Maintain a moderate volume of discussion as rooms are not fully sound proof and loud discussion would disturb other users in adjoining rooms / study areas.
- LED displays and other equipment in Group Study Rooms to be carefully utilized, the focal person will be responsible for any damages to electronic and other equipment.
- Use of the rooms is limited to two (2) hours. The group may request for hourly extension if there is no standing reservation for the next hour.
- Rooms will not be used for any purposes other than studies.
- No food or beverages can be consumed in the rooms.
- Properly handover the room to the library staff before leaving.